Thread: Vortex
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I haven't owned a Vortex, but a few family members, hunting buddies and and friends here on the forum have and I will try and get to the point. I've heard and seen enough of these issues that I've formed an opinion.

Vortex scopes can be outstanding products that are comparable to other brands which cost more money.

UNFORTUNATELY

Too many issues seem to come up time and time again with Vortex.

I don't know what the exact numbers are but - here's how I think about it - If you consider the possibility there are probably 10 Leopold scopes sold for every one Vortex sells, and you hear 10 complaints about Vortex versus every one complaint you hear about Leopold ...... that means, locally, the quality of a Leopold scope is 100 times better.

That's specifically why I stick to the 3 brands I've stuck to. Zeiss, Leopold and Swarovski.

I personally had issues with lower end optics like Tasco and Bushnell, but, frankly, they were much cheaper and could be excused as "you get what you pay for". Unfortunately you can't say with Vortex, they have some very pricey optics.

Maybe they are just fine tuning their products and still don't have all the bugs (and QC) worked out yet? I dunno???

Just my 2 cents ....
I have never tried a Leopold scope. Have a few Leupold ones though.