Thread: Vortex
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintailslammer View Post

So maybe its called bad luck but Im at my last straw with Vortex.
Last fall I bought a new set of Vortex Diamondback 10x50 binoculars,
Took them out the box and couldn't get a clear round circle no matter what i did,
Sent them in and they replaced them and they are still sitting in my hunting room un-opened.

Second I bought a Vortex Viper Hs 2.5x14x44, Same thing,mounted the scope and installed my laser bore sighter in and up/down dial wouldn't move,removed scope and sent in. Get my new scope in and put it on.Installed new factory Browning X-bolt rings and tried to bore sight again, This time the left to right is fine but the up and down is maxed out and can't go up any more,I removed scope and rings to make sure that I hadn't installed them wrong-All good.
No with days before hunting season doesnt look like I'll be shooting my new rifle unless I purchase another new scope.

Just wondering if anyone else has had bad luck with Vortex lately

Pin
I haven't owned a Vortex, but a few family members, hunting buddies and and friends here on the forum have and I will try and get to the point. I've heard and seen enough of these issues that I've formed an opinion.

Vortex scopes can be outstanding products that are comparable to other brands which cost more money.

UNFORTUNATELY

Too many issues seem to come up time and time again with Vortex.

I don't know what the exact numbers are but - here's how I think about it - If you consider the possibility there are probably 10 Leopold scopes sold for every one Vortex sells, and you hear 10 complaints about Vortex versus every one complaint you hear about Leopold ...... that means, locally, the quality of a Leopold scope is 100 times better.

That's specifically why I stick to the 3 brands I've stuck to. Zeiss, Leopold and Swarovski.

I personally had issues with lower end optics like Tasco and Bushnell, but, frankly, they were much cheaper and could be excused as "you get what you pay for". Unfortunately you can't say with Vortex, they have some very pricey optics.

Maybe they are just fine tuning their products and still don't have all the bugs (and QC) worked out yet? I dunno???

Just my 2 cents ....