View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
It was actually a bit of both.

Great morning, heard bugles first thing as I rolled out of camp. Hiked in the dark to a spot I had a stand and a group of cows was crossing religiously every morning. This morning was different no cows and a bull calling his face off 1-2miles away. I knew where he was headed and I knew I could beat him there. So I hustled to the open meadow paralleling the screams and bugles from the bull. Got into position and made a few short cows calls, he came in on a string tried to circle down wind through the open. I was on my knees arrow nocked behind a bush and peeked up, Range 45 yards...he saw me draw but hasn’t figured it out yet, pin on the spot, release the arrow. Arrow buried to the fletch, he turns and runs but a few quick cow calls stops him quartering away. Range 87 yrds...nock, draw, release...hang time and thwack another solid hit. He turns and stops now facing away. Bolts 10 yards into the bush and crashes...the biggest bull I have ever shot is now down. I took a full 30 minutes even though I knew he was down and only 100 yards away. Just time to reflect and appreciate the life we as hunters choose to live.

LC
Awesome man. What wmu?