View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
x1000.....

I hear someone calls the bullet I use 'unethical' and I stand up and take notice. You have drank the kool-aid if you think that the most important part of killing is in energy transfer and in calculations. I shoot a bullet that will out penetrate and put holes in important stuff. I can shoot at various angles and devestate internal organs and get complete penetration with a Barnes TSX. All shots I have taken resulted in major damage to organs with two nice holes on each side of the animal.

To me, I'd rather have penetration than a bullet that expands rapidly. Period. The 35-40 animals I've killed with them all died quickly and had perfect performance from ALL ranges on all sorts of hits.

I'm not out there shooting coyote pelts, so I am happy to have a bullet that will bust through BOTH shoulders and leave an animal leaking out of each hole if its in the bush or it doesnt drop on sight. Most of my shots have been DRT with the TSX, but I'm confident in the strength and ability of the bullet.

Energy doesnt kill animals. Period. I take bullet penetration over rapid expansion any day of the week, but thats just my choice. Using a term like 'unethical' to describe the TSX is pretty laughable though....
I have regreted that I said unethical That was wrong. I have a good point on the other stuff. Yes energy transfer kills. Even with your barnes.