View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 11:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFNG View Post
Hunter Dave that's a 1/8 ferrule. I drilled one side bigger to accept a 20d common nail. I read somewhere that the light makes the bait pole more visible lol!! It's not that cold so I'm not too worried about how much ice will build. I was kind of worried about taking over your thread.
Don't worry about taking over the thread, this is exactly the kind of input that I was hoping for!

I like your snare setup with the nail and I think that I prefer that system over tying wire all the time. Your slot in the ice is interesting as well but I think that I'm going to try something a little different. Tomorrow I have to pull some snares and I'm going to take my ice auger with me and drill a bunch of holes to find the runs. Once I find them I'm going to put a stick in the hole so I know where it is and I can use it to lift the chunk of ice out if it freezes in firmly enough.

Maybe I'll post pictures up to get input about where I plan on placing my feed poles/snares so I avoid putting one in the sewer run....lol.

EDIT - I'll know the ice thickness after I drill tomorrow.