View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
A sad situation. The other side of this is people that take their own lives because they can get no relief from chronic pain. I don't know what the answer is. I have been suffering from chronic sinus pain since the first weekend in July, terrible headaches and all round miserable situation.Not near as bad as most chronic pain sufferers, but I'll tell you, it starts to get old after a few months.

A close family member suffered from post concussion syndrome for years in the early 70's. In those days it was not understood, he suffered alone and with no support group. All the Dr's could offer him was opeiods for head aches. He of course got hooked and was a functional drug user for 35 years, was very sad to watch him wither. The worst was the lack of compassion he got out of people in his family. So I see both sides of it, I feel for those in chronic pain and wish there was an answer.
Very sad situation Piker. The worst part is that person is no longer the same person. She won’t and refuses to get help and I couldn’t allow my kids to be dragged into it anymore as they have been through enough through this process. Her own parents and family are very glad and thankful the kids are with me now. She will have to find her way or not. But as for my kids, who are tired of her failures and her escapades, it’s onward and upward. We have a life to live, love and enjoy. Sorry for the derail....