Thread: Kinglet Lake
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archercurt View Post
If your camping out take a light bag and layer up on clothes at night. Easy to strip down if too warm, split the load of camp between two of you, even better is to just use a bivy and don't worry about the tent. The hike has one real nasty stretch that I honestly will probably never do again with a backpack on (I've done it twice). As said above it isn't for the faint of heart, but ignorance is bliss when you go the first time. As it seems that the lake is always "just over the next hill" lol. Give yourselves lots of time for the trip up and you will enjoy it. Take lots of pics!
Thanks for the heads up . I am thinking I will leave my tent at home and just take my hammock w/ tarp for cover. That should lighten the pack up 5-6lbs. I know the feeling of "never ending", I did a day hike to Southfork Lakes last year (10km ea. way, 800m elev. gain vs Kinglet's 7.5km, 800m gain). Seemed like every time you think you might be over the hump, another climb became visible haha. I was wearing my pack carrying my waders and float tube, boots, flippers, & rod so I'm thinking it should be similar weight to my camping gear. Might have to pack them both up & compare.

Either way, if I do Kinglet or an easier hike I will be sure to post lots of pic's!