View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 07:57 PM

Question Buck knives archery tomcat help

Hey everyone, I have a bow that was recently given to me it is a buck knives archery TOMCAT bow, from what I have been able to dig up online is that these bows were made by champion back in the day. I am new to the archery world and am looking for some guidance.
1) what should I do to determine the bows draw weight capabilities, the limbs are not cranked all the way up and I can pull the bow back but not more then a dozen times before I struggle (not ideal for hunting obviously) I would like to turn it down but I don’t want to crank the Alan keys down and have it damage the bow (or me haha)
2) the draw length is just barely too long for me, the letters on the cams are IEH , I will include a picture of them, I am wondering if anyone knows where I would be able to buy a 1 inch smaller draw length cam or a cam that should be interchangeable with the ones on this bow that would be fantastic. If not it’s not a big deal, I will just have to change my anchoring point that I am used too, will just take some time to adjust

From what I’ve heard these bows were pretty widely produced, but nobody talks about them online, I have tried for the past few weeks to find this information with no luck, and the threads I do find with people selling parts are from 2003 so doesn’t do me much good. so I figured I’d make a last ditch effort and ask here as I have with other topics in the past. So Any information is appreciated, thank you so much!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 314DCDF4-0C70-49E3-881B-9C70B9CC5F22.jpg (50.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 4AF2168B-2BBD-4F93-B464-2AA896097638.jpg (40.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 39CA77A7-EB15-49E3-8222-1EEFB04BED1F.jpg (52.0 KB, 33 views)