View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:57 PM

Default A good senior role model

Seeings how I get the old age pension starting this month I guess I got old. Big Brother (Artie) already weighed in on this topic and all I will add to that is I always had a dream if he got old enough I would dearly like to walk his rear off heading up to that ridge but I better give that up, it will never happen with him. What comes to my mind on this topic is my wife's dear departed grandpa who I ended up doing a lot of outdoor stuff with while he was in his eighties. Once during a never ending walk back to the truck from a hunting trip the topic naturally got to what's it like in old age. Great Poppa replied I feel just the same as a young fella or even when I started out in the fire department its just that the plumbing doesn't seem to work so good anymore! Now I'm getting what he is talking about. Mind you he was the same guy when we headed out ice fishing in 30 below weather he would roll the windows down on the truck 5 miles out from the lake so we could get acclimatized to the weather. Hmm, come to think about it Artie has a lot of these same crazy ideas. Well good health to all you old farts out there and if your like me there is nothing like a day outside in the outdoors for the old soul.