View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Gone Hunting

I don't know if I actually qualify as a senior quiet yet but if not it's in my windshield.

I don't think my memory ability has diminished any. I've always had trouble remembering small details but no problem remembering the big picture and that hasn't changed so far as I know.

My strength is down a bit, but it's hardly noticeable, what is way down is stamina and I'm not sure if that's due to my age or my lung issues.

I think life is actually easier now in many ways. The only thing that is harder and it is much harder, is getting laid.

Another difference is that now I find I have far less tolerance for stupid quarrelsome people.

I also find that more people in my age class are approachable now.
I guess we all mellowed a bit.

I guess the biggest difference I find in people these days is just how beautiful many women over 60 are. When I was younger I did not know one woman over forty that I considered worth a second look.
Now they have to be over 90 to fall into that class.

Sure there are aches and pains that never bothered me before but there is also a lot to be grateful for.

For example, thirty years ago fishing in the ocean was just an impossible dream. Now I have four trips fishing off Prince Rupert to add to my fondest memories.

Just a few years ago I felt fortunate to have a weekend to just do whatever. Now I have that 365 days a year. And I have money to spend.

That is big. Real big for me. The first fifteen years of my working life we had no money two days after pay day.
Even when I worked oilfield and later in logging, I had nothing in the bank at the end of the month.

Yeah life is harder for some but not for me. Aside from much reduced stamina and less then optimal eyesight, in many ways I am better off today then at any time in my life.

George Bernard Shaw