View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I'm surprised this hasn't been challenged in court as being unconstitutional....but basically it's the same thing here in Canada. Anyone can make a statement about a gun owner here, with no grounds or evidence, and your firearms can be seized. Then it's on you to try and get them back. Good luck.

I'm curious if that has happened to anyone on this forum, or if you know someone this has happened to? I personally don't.

This exact situation happened to me. Went through a bitter separation, my ex decided to tell the police she had been threatened with a gun. Police had zero evidence, couldnt even speculate as to why i would do something so stupid; but seized all my guns (long guns and pistols). Once the truth came out i was told i could get them back. Found out my RPAL had "automatically" been revoked. A few calls to the CFO to give them the police findings, and some waiting; it was reinstated. Then i had to get a ATT to move my pistols from the cop shop for a specific date and time. Eventually got them back but got jerked around a lot in doing it. Not fun.

I could understand a reaction like that if there was some basis to the accusation but they dont care. They'll seize what you have and make you jump through hoops to compensate their lack of investigation.

Guilty until proven innocent.