Thread: Newbie question
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmi07 View Post
I hit my arm only 3 times outta about 2 dozen time shooting the bow. I hit it because I am turning the arm in and death-gripping the bow. My form as in my body position to the target is great and I know to hold my fist with the trigger right under my ear close to my head. The guy actually pointed it out to me right away why I was hitting my arm and it turns out the pictures of the kills on the way were his. I know its luck of the draw getting someone who actually knows what they are doing in a big box store. If anyone has any tips on how to hold my hand so I remember to keep my arm turned out and elbow a litle bent that would be great. am hitting the target each try so I think I am not doing badly lol
On the hand that holds the bow....tuck your ring and pinky finger in towards the riser....that will cause you to naturally turn your elbow out when you draw your bow and eliminate the opportunity to death grip the handle. Once you get used to it, this grip will feel quite comfortable and will become second nature.

LC