View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post

I already hunt with a crossbow due to a permanent disability (Two surgeries for a wonky shoulder). The only difference between hunting with a crossbow and hunting with a long bow is that you don't have to draw before taking a shot with a crossbow. Everything else is basically the same in the way of how you have to hunt.
Given your disability, I have absolutley no problem with you or anyone else who is unable to shoot a compound, recurve or long bow because of a disability being allowed to use a crossbow in the archery season. However , I disagree with the second and third sentences quoted above. If the only difference between hunting with a crossbow and hunting with a long bow (and a recurve or compound, presumably) is that you don't have to draw before taking a shot, then, as long as you are physically able to draw one, why not just use a long bow, recurve or compound and forget about the cross bow until rifle season when you can use it if you want to. Sorry, HunterDave, I don't buy it.
I voted NO.