View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 08:07 PM

Most excellent!

Thanks to all for your comments; thoughts, opinions, pictures and experiences on the topic. Had I been more thorough on the matter I would have created a much more detailed pole that, in the least, would have included laminate stocks in the potential answers.

I thought to ask as I have been rethinking guns and what I am looking for. Specifications have been narrowed down to manufacturer and type, am indeed still working on the other features required... I do believe I will see what kind of deals can be had and take it from there when ready.
There is nothing else I can add about a potential purchase at this time as I am still considering my true requirements for the gun.
For example, it turns out (re:appears to be) that the blued finish that comes with wood stock options all have shiny bluing! It's a Hunting/general use piece, not a wall hanger. I am not looking for too shiny on this one... Yet finishes could facilitate another thread entirely! Weight is 0.2lbs lighter for the high-qaulity synthetic stock (looks to have glass, fiber or some such in the stock material).

Hopefully Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum Members will continue to share information in this thread and provide even more food for thought.

Thank you!

Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 10-15-2013 at 08:16 PM.