View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badflies View Post
I see quite a few people are recommending used which is something I never really considered. I am a little cautious as my own appraisal might not see any issues and if I were to get one in the mail I would just have to trust the seller. I even got a few PMs from the good folks here who might have a rifle to part with.
So what parts wear in a hunting rifle? I realize I'm not going to get a beautiful one in my price point so cosmetics are not really concerning. Stainless or blue is yet another thing to consider. My 12 gauge is a winchester in stainless and it seems to be holding up. My buddy has a rusty Mossberg that works just fine despite near complete negligence on his part. Can I assume rifles need a little more TLC?
Also thanks for all the help, you gun nuts sure are willing to share the knowledge!
The problem with used is that guys unload their rifles that won't shoot on unsuspecting nubes. This site is full of posts of guys unloading rifles they are not happy with. It put me off of used. Be careful buying used. Having said that their are lots of good used rifles as well. Buyer beware applies double for used rifles.

Thomas Sowell