View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 09:01 PM

There is nothing wrong with a Savage axis or a Ruger American as a mater of fact take the the Axis and put a quality scope on it and it will accurately kill a deer just as dead as a $2000 Tika and scope package. I had no trouble filling my deer tags for yrs with a $50 303 Lee Enfield and a Bushnel 3-9 scope.
You can spend all your money on the latest greatest deermageddon super rifle, chambered in some deer be gone super cartridge and come home empty because the gun is the weakest part of the equation .
Spending time at the range and learning to properly shoot your rifle and hit where you are aiming. That means trigger control, steadiness , and being comfortable with your gun as if it's an old friend are much more important.
I would rather hunt with a person that uses a 12ga break action shotty that know what they are doing and is competent than someone with a fancy asx rifle they think is going to make up for the fact they didn't bother to get to the range till the day before the season opened,but its ok because the money they spent means the dang rifle should hunt the deer itself.

Last edited by jungleboy; 01-14-2019 at 09:27 PM.