View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye Willy View Post
OK, there are a lot of cynics and disbelievers, but my wife has health issues. If she gets this flu, it could kill her. Also my daughter-in-law is pregnant.
So should we ignore it? When it is this close to home, you tend to take it seriously.
Just wondering, how many of you are washing your hands more often this week.
I know I am stocking up on the alcohol based sanitizers (no - not the kind you drink).
i am in this same boat...my wife....after cancer...if she gets the flu it is bad news..and i mean actually gets influenza..not "flu like sympotms"..2 very different stories....most people that have "the flu" actually do not....real influenza is a nasty beast and it still kills thousands of people each year. that is what makes this new strain even more dangerous is that we have no records of it, no trials, no vaccinations. we have no idea how it can and will mutate, how quickly it does so and what it's progression looks like. i am not buying into the hype..i am sure it will fizzle like the rest of them...however i do not ever discount the power of a new flu strain. the flu is one bad mutha....and if you have ever had true influenza you know it. many people confuse flu like symptoms for having the flu believe me they are miles apart.