View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
I subscribe to the theory that Chuck does, a bullet that absolutely will do what needs doing, when I don't know for sure what chances I'll get at what, when I am out there. I am partial to Partitions, but, I think they've worked on the monometals enough now that they have them working about as good as can be asked of them. Don't seem to hear much of any issue with fouling anymore, load data isn't as different as it used to be from a lead bullet, they have their quirks about expansion in soft tissue at times, but, they do expand OK more often than not as far as I can tell. The opinions on non-expansion were conducted post-mortem after all. Plenty of good accuracy stories in evidence. Pretty hard to go wrong with them in a situation that may need the versatility they offer. The preponderance of evidence of their ability is certainly out there on them.
If the monometals could find a heavier material then the longer bullet issue for load data would go away, and the aerodynamic BCs would also improve. I wonder if tungsten has been tried at all.