View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 PM

no major boo boos just the usual crushed, stuck and otherwise buggered cases from poor setup. had a couple of interesting ones with factory loads though
1. had two husqvarna 270's. one had a very tight chamber and one was quite loose. had been shooting blue box federals cuz they were cheep. came across 3 in the box that wouldn't chamber in the tight gun. stuck them in my pocket. switched to the loose gun a while later and somehow managed to forget about the reason i had cartridges in my pocket. proceeded to stoke em up in the looser gun. BOOM. blast of hot gas and mangled case and primer. guess even the factory screws up. bad on me for feeding em thru.
2. traded the wifes h&r243 win for 7mmrem mag(she wanted more ballistic horsepower) and needed cases for reloading. went down to the local hardware store and bought a box of win. powerpoints in 165gr. proceed to shoot factory loads. notice recoil seems rather excessive. get home and go to size cases and proceed to throw over half of them away due to split necks.