View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 02:19 PM

I don't think I'd ever send a barrel to the states to get it threaded for choke tubes, but I've approached a few gunsmiths here in Ontario with questions like this, didn't seem to be any issues. I know of some guys who sent barrels to Epp's in Ontario (CGN Sponsor, old-school gun shop, good reputation) for threading. I know of another shop that specializes in 870 everything...but he's busy and lead times can be out there a bit. PM me if you want to know more.

Unless it's a large-frame 20ga Wingmaster, you could also look at fit compatibility with a modern, 20ga "Express" barrel and consider buying one of those. Finish wouldn't match (dull/bead-blasted-looking Express vs. shiny/blue of an older Wingmaster) It WOULD go bang every time, and save you some $ too.

Another option might be looking for a threaded barrel out of the US via eBay, GunBroker, etc. and have Clay @ Prophet River import it for you. I bought an 870 Barrel off of eBay with that plan, absolutely seamless process if you're patient. Reasonably priced too.