View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Unless consistently towing heavy, I wouldn't bother with a brand new diesel. Way too much complex technology behind them, from emissions systems to fuel systems. A DEF sensor could just suddenly go bad and then limit your truck to 4 km/h until it's replaced. Or heaven forbid the new style injection pump on the L5P decides to quit and sends shards of metal into your injectors. Just pray your rig is still under warranty when that happens.

I wouldn't really use diesel resale as a valid argument to buy one. Seems to me, it wasn't until 5 or 6 years ago that the diesel resale market suddenly went so crazy with prices. Heck, in early 2014 I had the opportunity to buy a nice shape 2006 crew cab Duramax with only 110,000 km for around $19,000, and I turned it down because I thought that was too much for an eight year old truck. Three years later, looking on Kijiji I'd swear someone would pay $30,000 for that exact truck today.

Diesels are just the new "cool" trendy thing to own it seems. For all you know, in another 5-6 years, no one will even want these trucks due to how expensive and complex they are to fix when they're all getting old and higher mileage.
and if you ever park outside you'll plug in your battery heaters and your block heater

i've owned them and i'm done i'll never own another