View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
It might not be a "date of invention" that is the determining factor as to whether the weapon is to be excluded out of "archery" season, but moreover the "style" of weapon....

In my opinion, I believe that most record book organizations in North America regard archery equipment as being a device "held by muscular power until the time of release". This "held" style of weapon would automatically rule out crossbows as legal archery equipment as once cocked, they can be loaded, ready to shoot for almost eternity.

It all comes back to the fair chase rule, and how Governments have interpreted that rule.

But, for further arguments - see my signature below...

J.

Not trying to debate. Just an observation.

Held by muscular power could maybe be interpreted in a court of law as the bow itself being held by muscle power. Not the arm pulling back the string but the arm holding the 'hand held' bow.

And it is odd that crossbows are considered cocked but quick triggers with wrist straps aren't. Today's compounds can be held for a long time 'cocked" with a quick trigger too.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets