View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
You may know already but X-Bow are not legal during archery only season UNLESS you obtain the permit needed to use it with injury or disability. In Alberta a crossbow does not meet the definition of “archery equipment”.

First, to answer the OP. I own a Micro 355. I looked a long time and passed on several offering as they were being discontinued.
The limbs are shorter and therefore a little more effort to cock. The Micro 360 seems to supplant the 355 although I am not sure. Excalibur's warranty is exemplary, I know first hand. Buy a Charger EXT with it if you can afford it.

Crossbows were invented in China during the Zhou dynasty, around the year 700 BC. IMO, if crossbows are to be excluded in archery season, then it stands to reason that compound bows should be excluded too since they were invented in the '70s of the last century, a mere 25 centuries after the crossbow.
It might not be a "date of invention" that is the determining factor as to whether the weapon is to be excluded out of "archery" season, but moreover the "style" of weapon....

In my opinion, I believe that most record book organizations in North America regard archery equipment as being a device "held by muscular power until the time of release". This "held" style of weapon would automatically rule out crossbows as legal archery equipment as once cocked, they can be loaded, ready to shoot for almost eternity.

It all comes back to the fair chase rule, and how Governments have interpreted that rule.

But, for further arguments - see my signature below...

J.