Thread: Wainwright 2019
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Contrary to what some might think I have no problem with FN carrying out their traditions and harvesting and sharing the animal and so forth.

I do however, think that in this day and age. This can be done by buying a license and waiting for a draw just like everyone else.
If anything, it would give more meaning to the event. Since its only going to happen once every couple years.

Ive hunted at camp wainwright more than most and Ive never heard of the incidents like what has happened in the last 2 years. Is it ignorance or just thinking the rules dont apply to you? I dont know. But it sure is ruining a great thing
I hunt with Status natives regularly in the fall and more often than not when I was younger , and none of them had the attitude that we are seeing at Suffield or Wainright lately.
Back in the early 90's a status friend of mine was on base the same time we were during the BP hunt and no one seemed too have an issue with it.
II have no idea what has become of this World but I truly believe it has too do with a sense of entitlement of the younger generation, no matter the nationality or race.
Cat