View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
big difference between the 308 norma and 308 win though....280 and 7mm are almost the same length with the 308 it would be tough for the extractor to even grab the shell with nothing stopping the shell first. Extremely lucky if it did fire. With the length of the bullet depending on weight the bullet would leave the case before the ogive even touches the lands.
It's actually a lot easier to do thatn one would think.
If the cartridge is simply chambered singlly by hand all it has to do is lay against the bolt and there is enough static friction to holds the case against the bolt and let the striker ignite the primer if you have a 308 win. in a magnum chamber.
As far as the different cartridges go, I was once told by someone who proffesed to be an expert that he could shoot 7X57cartridges out of his 7 mag because they were actually 7 mauser and that is what he owned !!
When I looked at his rifle, it was in fact a 7Mag on a '98 mauser action
No amount of explaining could convince him of anything except that I was an idjit.
Cat