View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
You believe Canadians would be willing to give up their phones, tablets, computers and cameras? I don't think so.
No, but there’s an opportunity for other nations to gear up their manufacturing capabilities. North America, Europe, South Korea, Japan, Australia even. We’ve given China too much economic power and look how they behave with it. Free nations absolutely have to reign that imbalance back.

Aside from the economic sense of keeping money within our borders I always think from a matter of national security of ourselves and our allies. In WWII we were a manufacturing powerhouse, these days a lot of our capacity is diminished because we pay for foreign factories when an executive figures they can get higher profits by exporting manufacture. This is a recipe for eventual disaster when dealing with a dictatorship such as China. We need to ensure there are no products that we can’t manufacture right here at home.