View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 07:00 AM

Anyhow I had a hard time getting back on the board for what ever reason. So now I want to tell about those two WT bucks. They both had good bodies and were 2x2's and looked very much alike. They were sleeping in a tall grassy field on some Leduc Fish and Hame land about 130 yards away, so with my bow in my hand I made it to within 70 yards of the to bucks and watched them. They didn't notice me for about 1 hour, but one finally did and for about the next hour he kept on walking over to me and then run back to that 70 yard spot, at one point he got within 25 yards of me. Man now that is "fun hunting" at its best.

Have you ever seen deer have fun, that is neat to watch as well. While bow hunting in 337 (a good place to hunt) a WT buck, fawn and a doe came raceing into this lease site at top speed chasing each other in and of the trees for about 25 mins.. They chased each other in the lease site which is 100 x 100 yards square too. I never kill anything like you bow hunters but the fun of just being up in a treestand watching the things that I get to watch is fun indeed.

More fun is to curl up in a ball and watch deer walk right pass you within a few feet, this happen to me a couple of times, I wanted to see how they would react. The best one was with this 16 month old deer (good sup tag filler), but I wasn't able to get my sights on him without being detected. We were head to head, so I curled up and waited for it to pass by, as the deer passed by and was now behind me I moved, and it looked back and booted it.

Never got that one but I did get a bigger one. Anyhow I do all kinds of things that others may not do but at least I know what I can and can not do in some areas that I hunt. There is a spot in 339 where I can park my Jeep near my stand and not bug the deer, while in other areas I need to park about 125 yards or more from my stand, or hide the Jeep period. Today I am off to 339 for a muledeer buck, the last time I saw him he was a 3x3 and thats fine by me. As long as he has antlers more than 4 inches that is all I care about. I like the taste of mule deer better than WT meat.