View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 11:26 AM

Who would of thought a thread about battery corrosion could lead to so much hilarity?

I too wash under the hood for many reasons and never had a problem. Mostly to keep it clean which is the obvious answer. The spin off is I can see leaks and it makes it easier to work on. I wouldn’t be doing a valve set on my 6.7 Cummins if it looked like a brothel under the hood. No I expect it clean before I pull the tapped cover off.

Heck changing anything under the hood is easier if it’s clean.

I didn’t get any cleaning instructions telling me to clean the outside, inside or under the hood of my vehicles. That doesn’t mean I dont clean them. I know the inherent dangers of cleaning and know how to mitigate the risks.

I originally read the post and didn’t respond because if a guy doesn’t know how to clean under a hood or believes it shouldn’t be cleaned he probably has no business under there with 1500 psi of water because he probably doesn’t know what not to spray. Makes a guy wonder though... How do these guys figure out how to clean in the cab? Does the owners manual instruct you not to take the pressure washer in there or does it not need to be cleaned either?