View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
You haven’t a clue about me. I love camping with my kids in the summer and this allows me to spend some quality time with my kids and they love fishing in the summer then fall rolls around and they love to hunt. Oh and yea I own a machine, but it gets used to get me and my kids way back into country that there isn’t very much fishing or hunting pressure and this right here is awesome because they don’t spend a pile of time on their video games. They get to see some great country and see lots of animals. So don’t judge a book by its cover, that is why I hate when the government tries to stuff crap down ones throat, and if you really want to go for a hike where there is no ohv’s go to kananaskis or the willmore. We don’t need more parks.
I spend significant time (more than my wife would like) thinking about hunting fishing and the issues around them. I am no hypocrite, and I based the idea that you are an advocate for random RV camping and OHV use (which you appear to be) off a hell of a lot more than you based your assessment of me.

I was not suggesting that you do not fish or hunt or love your children. I assume everyone on the forum likes to hunt or fish and probably most of us love our kids, wives, dogs, and family. I was eluding to the fact that if push comes to shove you value camping in an RV and quading more than the conservation of habitats and wilderness that support the species we like to hunt and fish. Maybe I am wrong. I do not begrudge you for enjoying the RV and OHV's with your kids (as stated I support multiple use), but I do support setting aside areas where those activities are restricted and a more rustic wilderness experience is available. You appear to disagree, and that is fine. We can both love the outdoors and sit on opposite sides of the fence on a particular issue.

The Bighorn is a large tract of land and the PLUZ is even larger. I would love to see room for you to take your kids on designated trails in specific areas while I can take mine into an area designated for a more authentic wilderness experience. Based case scenario, when my knees and back give out my kid will be doing the same things with their kids. That is the essence of the multiple use framework.