Thread: Lightning locks
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 07:32 PM

if you can truly tell me of a cam lock at this point without issues I would be all ears! They all have weak points. Even the quality of RAMS at times could easily come into question. And if compromised by future profit hungry manufacture could be a disaster. Have not ran the death blow as I trust knowledgable men that they are no better then the rest at best so don’t bother. But do test others. And by test I mean multiple quantifiable measurements from every kill...and I kill a few. If a lock does not kill efficiently it may incur 10% chew out rate just as easy as 10% breakage or maybe we know that and instead run 5/64 or 3/32 cable and easily run 10%+ refusals! I wouldn’t go as far as to personally question, not having facts, but be sure the breakages were not deer rather then coyote?!? Have had most gens of lightenings prone to break on deer but never clear eveidence(like the contrary) to break on dawgs. I don’t for a second believe and sure don’t hope the lightning is the best lock we have seen yet but my data gives it a slight edge over all the other locks. The best that I could test anyhow. Trust me I believe all men should be questioned ruthlessly in both motives and marketing but I still give credit where credit is due and I firmly believe that we would be still snaring in the Stone Age without an immense effort and unknown invest by Marty. Is he perfect of course not and know he would agree. It’s possible some gens of locks came out too early. I doubt it was to make a fortune. If you are slaying them without torsion springs and just a death blow cam either we have different standards or you have all the secrets. Stand by because there is bigger and better on the horizon. We must evolve together or our enemies will win. The days of a simple snare with a simple lock will not keep us in business for long!