View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
There is no rules regarding having to belong to a range in order to get an RPAL, but if you do not belong to one, it can delay your application, and at worst, it may be turned down until you join one. If you try to purchase a restricted firearm without belonging to a range, it will be delayed almost guaranteed. For some reason they do not always accept an application if you claim you are a collector.

I would find a range to join, even if you never use it, just so it will help with your application. Once you have the license in hand, then you can look around for a range that suits your needs.
I've got one thing to add -- my father in law just renewed his RPAL. Instead of becoming a member at a range (upwards of $100 per year, and he'll never use it) he simply bought a card from Phoenix Range that says "firearms guild" on it. It's $20 per annum for this card, and it stands in the place of a membership to a range. I'm not sure exactly on what the card does, but all I know is that the CFO will accept that card as a substitute for a membership @ a range.