View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
Disclaimer. I did not forge any of these blades, I purchased knife blanks from Amazon, micarta and G10 handle scales also from Amazon and the Maple Leaf mosaic pins from Ali Express.

All of the tangs were ground by me to a shape that I wanted. The tangs on all but three were to bulky in my opinion. The blade edges I did not touch, that is how I received them from Amazon.

Basic tools were used: drill press; 3X21 belt sander; tungsten carbide burr; sanding drums; jigsaw; round and half round files; bench grinder, angle grinder with cut off disc; vise; sand paper 100-600 grit; and clamps.

Made the first one in December and I liked them so much I couldn't stop but after a dozen, I think I'm done..........gifts and a couple or a few for me.

Doh...........sheaths for the ones I'm gifting.......have to make sheaths for them. I have all the leather and tooling needed and I was given some Kydex that I'll try out also.

I didn't spend as much time on the ice as I normally do this winter and I never even put on my x country skis........a guy has to keep busy, so these knives kept me occupied over the winter.

Those are incredible! I like the black one! Judging by the responses you could easily sell them!