View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 08:14 PM

My five year old is diagnosed autistic, and sensory disorder. It is a very interesting and frustrating life. It has taught me a lot of patience. It has taught me a lot of compassion. And of gratefulness. It is easy to get drug down, and dwell on the hardships. But, I try to think of the positives, and remember that there are people, who wish their kids could scream at the tops of their lungs and throw tantrums.

My son is very bright, huge vocabulary. He's been speaking complete sentences since a year and a half old. He never baby talked. We would catch him off by himself practicing words. If he couldn't say it properly, he wouldn't say it. But, it took him forever to walk.

A lot of people don't understand autism, but they are aware of it. The sensory disorder is a lot for people to understand. A lot of people doubt it. So did I. But when your kid climbs up your body, in a panicked frenzy, because you set him down on the tiled floor after a bath. And he can not stand the feel of his bare feet on the floor, you start understand.

He's always wanted to work on the drilling rigs, but recently decided that NASA suits him better! I support him!