View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
I understand what you are saying. My point was should we start trying to prevent cancer and diabetes in our society?

As per usual, here is my link https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-1...statistics.htm

On a side note, why do you keep bringing up "friends, family, neighbors, co-workers" etc? Seems really weird to me.
There seems to be a pervasive feeling some feel they are not at risk so let people die to help the economy

Hence the response it is more about others and the fact there are a significant number of people at risk.

As for cancer prevention...why bring that up when it or not a pandemic. You can’t catch cancer the same way. Sure HPV vaccine prevents cancer but again...Covid19 and cancer are entirely different topics.

Start a should we work to stop cancer thread. Likely most will say yes and others will say let nature take its course.
And yes. Encouraging people to be healthier is great. Can save the economy and save lives. Win/win.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin