View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
If it saves just one life huh? At what point does it start to become ridiculous?
6 out of 4.5 million....remember that number. Car wrecks take more lives. Why aren't we curbing automobile use. Obesity is probably the second leading cause of death (diabetes, heart, ect...), and yet we do NOTHING about that
When will this foolishness end? When they hollered "all aboard", I'm truly amazed how many jumped on.

6 out of 4.5 million? Can you figure out that %? My calculator doesn't have space for that many zeroes.

Will I take the vaccine if it ever comes to fruition? As I said before, I have a better chance of winning the Oilers 50/50 draw. Think I'll be all right. Save it for those who need it (elderly, obese, COPD, ect...)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-tests-canada/

As of September 6, 2020, there had been 131,895 confirmed coronavirus cases and 9,145 deaths from the disease in Canada. Over 5.7 million people had been tested for COVID-19 infection.

Your numbers are incorrect for a discussion.

It is 5.7 million infected. 9145 deaths.

Unless you are looking at it purely selfishly and don’t fall into a higher risk group and therefore care less about others.

Freedom55 potentially falls into a risk category. He is an outdoorsman. Should we care less about him under your premise?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin