View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 07:25 PM

Well put 260. Im no pro, but spend alot of time listening, and have been on the fireline with some real top ranked shooters, just wish I understood half of what I heard. I question my skills all the time, it was great to shoot a rig like yours to prove to myself once in a while I might know what Im doing. I still have that target by the way... thanks again for that, one of the finest guns I ever sat behind.

The best training tool I have experienced is an intentional misfire. The old man would load my rifle for me, hand it to me, and once in a while it contained a spent shell. You would be amazed at the things you see yourself, and what a good partner can spot when you think that rifle is going off, and it doesn't. The pretention of dryfire excersize changes when you know yourself the gun is unloaded. I caught myself tourquing my rimfire the other day, pulled the trigger and the bipod moved a half inch right... it was a dud shell, and embarassing, but educational to say the least.

Dont mean to barge in as a rookie, but I always preach dryfire excersize. At home I used to fire my rifle more unloaded than I did loaded. Every time I set up at the range I dry fire on target a few times to make sure nothing moves, and again before every group. I shoot 50 rounds of 5 shots usually. I shoot off a bipod with a hard hold, my centerfire is a 300win mag so I have no choice but to hang on. This is going to sound rediculous, but I even make sure my tounge is in the same place in my mouth (mostly so I dont bite it off under the heavy recoil), and my jaw is clenched the same.

This season I want to work on taming my pulse and the jump it causes in my sight picture.