View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 01:05 PM

I got my Zama Wood Bison hide in 2016 I believe it was and I called Western ahead of time to see about pricing, again like a lot of you other guys I couldn't believe the price of it, I was quote just under 2400$ for the whole thing...don't even remembered if I said no thank you when the call disconnected because I think I passed out after hearing the price. Now again nothing against western fur tannery as Ive never personally brought anything to them for tanning but Ive tanned tons of pelts myself and ACTUALLY I found a tannery in Raley, the hutterites! They did my ENTIRE bison fleshed skinned and cleaned up for 500$! Havent been back there for a few years now but I was quoted 150$ for bear hide and 100-125 for deer hides hair on. THey told me the only thing that so far they will not tan is antelope,,,something to do with the hair follicles I believe? Anyways, just trying to help out the average dude looking for the odd tanned hide here and there, take it or leave it. Merry Christmas!