View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 11:54 PM

Alberta has 17 fish considered to be sport fish. That's quite a variety. And a few non sport fish that are fun to catch too.

In the Alberta fishing guide it lists 1200 or more locations to fish in Alberta.
Over 50 years I have fished at 135 locations and I haven't even gotten to some of the lakes an rivers I would like to try. Caught fish at most locations. For the variety of fish and the variety of lands to fish makes Alberta pretty good.

And statistically Alberta maybe isn't the worst in Canada. This survey is from 2015 and I'm sure not much has changed. Loaded with info. Like Alberta has twice as many recreational anglers than Saskatchewan or Manitoba. And amazing that Albertans spent more on recreational fishing than most provinces.

https://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/stats/rec/...eng.html#4-1-1
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets