Thread: Pale Beaver
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
I didn't say Alberta Montana mix... he'd be quite ecstatic about that, I said Alberta to Arkansas mix.

Fair enough, it was a bad choice of words on my part, but my statement still stands. Because it would be as true if I had said Alberta and Arkansas or Alberta and Alaska, or Alberta and Argentina for that matter.

My information says pelts are grade by color, size and quality. So a course, sparsely furred deep southern pelt would not wind up in a batch of A++ Alberta/Montana hides.

To put it another way, if it is graded A++ pale, it would not matter where it came from, if my information is correct.

Of course I may be wrong, I make no claim to expertise in the subject, yet logically, if one were selling to the European furriers who buy tens of thousands of pelts a year, as the auction houses do, I doubt very much that one would be in business very long if they mixed low quality southern pelts with high quality norther pelts of any grade or color.

But don't let me talk you out of what you clearly think is a good idea.
As I said, I am no expert on the subject and I openly admit I am far to cautious.

I've been burned often enough to suspect any such plan. I know this has cost me at times, but it has also saved me far more then any loss I have incurred.

It works for me, but that does not mean it would work for you.

George Bernard Shaw