Thread: Hunting rights
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
I for one am not forgetting anything! Maybe there are some things I do not know for sure. My understanding is that they are Canadians and they have been assured of certain rights that they had before the land grab. I think that as Canadians they should have access to all of the things you mentioned.

The Queen made a deal. She wanted the land to settle.. She had a choice. She could fight and take the land or she could bargain for the land, We all know which one she chose. Now that Canada has its own constitution and has honored the deal that the Queen made. Now as I see it, the government has a choice of weaseling out of the deal or bargaining its way out. I hope the government chooses to bargain out.
Yes all canadians should be able to enjoy the things that I mentioned, but some people want all of the modern con eniences, and yet they continue to demand to be able to enjoy their traditional pastimes of hinting and fishing. How is driving down the road in a vehicle shining a two million candlepower light on animals in a field, and shooting them out the window with a scoped high powered rifle traditional. As well, most Canadians pay taxes that pay for those schools and hospitals and roads and airports and arenas, whereas many treaty people living on reserves so not. Where do the treaties mention exemptions from sales taxes and income taxes, or carbon taxes?. People should either want to be a contributing part of our modern society, or they should want to maintain their traditional lifestyle, but these people want to be able to pick and choose the best of both worlds.