View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I second the suggestion to use Winchester 6 mm brass. It last quite a bit better than Rem and is so much cheaper than Norma that any life difference would never pay off. Other choice is you may want to try Lapua 8x57 brass. It is a LOT cheaper than Norma and at least as good if not better quality. Also, Privi makes excellent 7x57 brass and most of their brass is very good for a reasonable price. It is one of my favorites for reloading.
Hey Dean. Thanks for the input. And in response to DH as well. I did pick up some 6mm Winchester brass to try but haven’t loaded it up as of yet to give a run. The 8x57 brass that I found is Lapua and what I was inquiring about sizing down. Very reasonable cost, I would absolutely agree. Lapua has proven to be exceptional product and yes, quite a bit more economical than Norma. I’ve done enough fiddle f’ing with the other stuff and not getting the life in cases that barrel life is starting to enter the radar. Need to just settle on a course of action and be done with it. I could fire form with COW yes and I know lots of guys do it. I’m just not a fan. I’ve heard good things about Prvi as you say but I’ve never used it in anything other than my 22 Hornets. It is showing exceptional life in that cartridge. I never even gave it consideration in 7x57 to be honest. Will look into that a bit more. Thank you for the tip.