View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
I have seen this before. As it was my first year hunting alone I called F&W who transferred me to land manager's office to confirm you are allowed on the lease but have to follow the standard access conditions (foot access only, no fires, ect.)

Now you may want to call the land manager for confirmation because leases change hands and the information may not be up to date. In my case I requested a letter be written from the land manager stating I had access. While I was hunting the lease holder flew down the fence line on his quad and chewed me out for being there. I eventually asked him to call F&W to report me as he would not believe me when I said I had access. F&W confirmed I had done everything to gain legal access and allowed me to stay as long as there was no contact information on the site. About 3 weeks later the info was updated. To my knowledge no one has been granted access to that lease since the information was updated as that lease holder always says there are too many hunters booked. Yet you never see anyone parked on the access road.
Sounds like you need to contact the range manager again.