View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 06:44 AM

Welcome to hunting near Calgary most zones within 2 hours are like this. 412 414 402 305 306 304 404(with bows) 308. Once to drive past that 2 hour mark you just start running into the Edmonton red deer Lethbridge sundry rocky mountain house and more calgary hunters. I went out for the bow opener seen elk on day one 5 km from the road. Thought I was being sneeky by burning boot leather like everyone thinks is the magical silver bullet for this problem. By the second day I only seen hunters My record is now calling in 6 different guys in one day. After that I tried another zone it didn’t get better. I’m almost to the point of just giving up on any crow land and paying for outfitters or floatplane hunts and just going every 2 or 3 years. Anything crown even if you think you found that secret little corner that touches the highway for access gets pounded with COVID it’s even worse people are at home watching randy Newburg and meat eater thinking the world is going to end unemployed or working part time trying to hoard free meat.