View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
You can care about Western Canadian issues while caring about the overall country's issues. I didn't mean to say that it would be a positive to solely care about a particular region, rather, that having a vision that includes the country in its entirety would be a positive.

I would say that a lot of Trudeau's win came from running against a weak opponent, not dissimilar to Trump vs Hillary down south. I don't think Trump wins that election (or this coming election) against a strong, well-liked candidate.
Yes, I guess you could care about Western Issues, but why would the turd? Take a good look at the map. Other than 4 red seats in Winnipeg you can't find another till you hit western B.C. Like it or not, that pretty much infers, even a conservative leader, (regardless of who it is) and government doesn't want to show too much love for the west or they won't be in power long, if ever. As far as any federal government is concerned Alberta, Saskatchewan and even eastern B.C. are out here alone with our tails hanging in the wind!