View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
The red highlight says it all. Even the lower mainland would never support him. Before the 2015 election, I spoke with a friend from the island. All he could say was, "We gotta get rid of Harper". When I asked why?, he couldn't give me an answer, simply, "we gotta get rid of Harper". At this point I'm honestly not sure any conservative leader can win at the federal level. If you think that's crap, take a serious look at last falls election results. The turd practically shot himself in the head ( lav scam, Jody Wilson, little paper sorta juice box thingys and so many more ). While he did loose some seats in qeeeebec, pretty much all the east coast voted for him, still got support from qeeeebec and Ontario and it was all over at the Ontario/Manitoba border. Check out election results from the Globe and Mail. Scroll down to the map, zoom in and you can see the riding by riding results. It really is sad if not downright scary!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...on2019/results

You can care about Western Canadian issues while caring about the overall country's issues. I didn't mean to say that it would be a positive to solely care about a particular region, rather, that having a vision that includes the country in its entirety would be a positive.

I would say that a lot of Trudeau's win came from running against a weak opponent, not dissimilar to Trump vs Hillary down south. I don't think Trump wins that election (or this coming election) against a strong, well-liked candidate.