View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 02:11 AM
Banned

Even though I trust the numbers completely, I have to say seeing a vid like the .22-250 53 gr vs the 375 h&h 300 gr in milk jugs is still eye opening. By a lot of accounts here you’d think the .22-250 would struggle with 1 jug let alone explode five. It’s a fairly dramatic way to show exactly what I’ve sumply been trying to further info on.

Marky mark, not trying to do anything other than educate, sorry you take it a different way. This ballistics talk isn’t to turn anyone or push an agenda, it’s to see it a little differently and dare I say accurately.

I’m quite surprised at the high speed mono performance actually, I know the numbers show the expected in that the 375 will go further but the explosiveness on those jugs from both tell quite a story. Even without first hand accounts on game to verify.

I’d still take a grendel or should I say slower with much higher s.d. As most versatile over any of the .22cfs even though muzzle energy nearly identical to .22-250. The numbers show as any other high speed light weight does...one trick ponies. Great pbr, lightning effect, and perfectly suited to that knowledge or limitation. I ask more from my powder though. I’d rather be a little less impressive in pbr to hold potential to much further for dialing up longer if needed. But both schools are effective in their limits. I’d say the lightweight speed camp will see more spectacular performance in its narrower node, but the other will astonish at distances most wouldn’t imagine possible.

This is what the numbers tell me. Energy/diam./momentum are useless figures. I’m not wrong, they can guide you correctly but inefficiently and inaccurately. That’s all I’m trying to show. S.d. And impact velocity is where it’s at. Bullet construction a given.