Thread: String Problems
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Agreed with big Lou - If you have verified the d-loops are tied one to the right and one to the left (not both the same way which could cause twisting on the string) the other thing is to check is both connections are equally tight.

If one is loose and one is tight, it will cause a twist to happen and move your peep out of alignment (assuming that was installed correctly). The one that is tight will twist your sting out of alignment versus both of them "counter acting" each others twisting force.

As far as I know, d loops should be tight. not loose -if they are too loose the mushroomed end can pop through releasing everything at an inopportune time. trying to re-tie that in the field can really suck with no extra loop material.
Thank you for elaborating on and answering where I was going with my questions EZ. You answered where I was headed in spades. I went shed hunting and hadn’t checked my phone all day.

To the OP; if they used a thicker material for your loop, you may want to consider requesting the use of some wax where the knots are tied before they actually tighten them. It shouldn’t be necessary but will assist the knot portions to really cinch down tight like they should be. I assume your are using a dual calliper release if you’re getting premature wear on your loop? Aside from your peep coming out of the string due to this loose loop, there’s a good chance you’re getting some pretty severe pinch on your nocks. Depending on string angle at draw, it could be severe enough to start pushing your nock off the serving which if it happened at the wrong time could be one dirty dry fire. It’s a good idea to mark your peep position if you’re not tying in. A couple dabs with a Jiffy Marker does the trick. Or measure it from a chosen reference point on the string. I keep a sheet with all my measurements once I’m dialled.

I’m sure once your loop is on there right you’ll be off to the races.