View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 02:10 PM

Hi all,

I have been hunting in Alberta for the last twenty-six past years. I was born east of Cow-town, and have had couple different hunting partners over the years. I have hunted both big game and birds. Right now I am seeking primarily a big game hunting partner.
Upon till ten years ago I did not hunt alone, but soured over dealing with a**holes. Since then I have hunted alone exclusively. The wife has kind of hinted that she does not want to have to call the RCMP to go find me some day, so I am hesitantly looking for a new hunting partner. Experience is not as important to me as much as attitude.
You should be:

•An ethical hunter.
•Not interested in “road” hunting, or in, “bending the rules”, AKA, poaching.
•Willing to hunt on foot – quads are not evil - but not a necessity.
•Willing to rough it – fifth wheels are not a requirement.
•Be in reasonable physical condition – I know CPR but that doesn’t mean I want to use it.
•Have a basic understanding of firearms safety and use – no 10000 meter shots.
•Be able to enjoy being outdoors – even if it is cold & wet.

My experience is mainly working & hunting in the central & northern foothills & mountains, although I am also familiar with the western north-country as well. I have in mind a one or two week Elk / Deer hunt in either WMU 344, or 353/354, (Berland river area) or shorter hunts in WMU 349 (Two-Creeks area)

The above WMU’s are general tags for all except Moose. If someone has knowledge of good spot that is on draw, I do have a priority 3 for Bull Elk, a priority 2 for both Buck & Doe White-tail & a priority 1 for Bull Moose.
(Just remember there are only seven days left for draws.)