Thread: Sight advice
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxclaro View Post
You use a peep with that retina lock sight? I was looking at one last year, seems like a good idea.
I've been shooting this Anchor sight for about 6 years now,and have been very happy with it. My only issue is the limited adjustment on some types of sights. I had a 3 pin previously that worked, and the EZ V I have now works too, but I'd like to go to a 5 pin again. I have noticed the vision in my right eye has become somewhat worse over the last few years, that may be a factor in this. I'm going to try to readjust the anchor sight to get slightly closer to the string, maybe that will be enough.
One could use a peep with the Retina Lock / NoPeep / Anchor Sight style systems, but I personally do not.

Try to get the Anchor Sight setup and aligned so that your eye "blurs" the string out as you look through the string (it can be done) or just on the left edge (if you shoot right handed). If you get the AS aligned so that your anchor point is seeing through/next to the string, I'm sure that you won't be running out of left/right alignment on your normal sight blocks.

LC advice above on setting up the AS is spot on!!!

J.