View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
"Sign a blank cheque merely allowing dogs to accompany you on a big game hunt and it could turn into a nightmare."

You mean like the chaos we have now with bird hunters and their dogs, or hikers and their dogs?

It would be the same people with the same dogs in the field.

The difference would be that the dog would be in the field on more occasions.

Distance from hunter?? Really? And that would be easily enforced??

We already have laws against harassing wildlife. We already allow dogs in the field. Why make this complicated?
The same people with the same dogs and the same regs as we have now. The difference is that the person would now be carrying a bow or firearm.

nothing more complicated than that.
I dont agree that it will be the same people in the same people in the field. I beleive alot of people would be added to the group of outdoorsman that would have a dog out there with them.

And Like anything the distance from the hunter would be tough to enforce(but so is every law F&W is enforcing now) but in most cases it would be followed I think. How would you feel if your hunting and a guys dog goes running by and his owner is 300 or 400yrds away? I feel if you are gunna have a dog with you out hunting it would have to be controled and within a close proximity of the hunter. Bird hunters I know have complete control of there dogs. The difference would be they can use their dogs to aid in the hunt where dogs wouldnt be able to aid you in the hunting of a big game animal.
Not sure how its complicated. If you cant control your dog you dont take him.
Seems pretty simple to me.
SG